Saturday, November 12, 2011

Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black = Disaster

As I said in yesterday's CVS Haul post, I was super excited to try out Loreal Lineur Intense Liner in Carbon Black! But when I opened it, I was so shocked to find that the felt-tip applicator was BENT and the felt was deteriorating and flaky. Here's a picture:

Here's a review on this disaster and what I chose as an alternative!


The picture is a little out of focus but you can still see the flakiness on the applicator. And this is AFTER I tried to straighten out the applicator with my fingers! It just wouldn't snap back. How disgusting.. I returned it right away. What a disappointment. FAIL.

While I went to go return it, I tried to look for it again so I could do an easy exchange, but like always, it was sold out. Sigh, disappointment #2. So then I just decided to settle with the Loreal Lineur Intense in Black Mica. Honestly, I don't really know what the two's difference is.. except for the name and the price. This Black Mica was about $2 more expensive.. But I'm actually wearing it today and it's been very long lasting and the application wasn't watery at all! The application is precise and I can make pretty thin lines - Overall, I'm pretty happy with it..

But the whole experience of not being able to find the Lineur Intense in Carbon Black and then finally getting my hands on one to find out that it's defective... and then returning it for a second alternative... was just exhausting and disappointing. Here's a picture of the Black Mica and I used this liner for today's super simple EOTD (Eye of the Day) - I used the same products as yesterday's, which is why it looks so similar! :

No comments:

Post a Comment